What's Happening at Oldfield
We are looking forward to seeing all of our students in person tomorrow and being able to end this school year together. It's hard to believe we are at the end of the school year - it's been quite a year! I am attaching the June calendar for you to look at. You will notice that The Lunch Lady will continue on June 9th if you are interested in ordering or using any credits. Also, staff and students are encouraged to wear orange on Tues. June 8 in recognition of the families that have been affected from residential schools. As you may be aware of, the provincial government has lowered flags on provincial buildings for 215 hours in memory of the 215 First Nations children whose bodies were recently found at a former residential school site in B.C. Flags were lowered at sunrise on Mon. May 31 until sunset on Wed. June 8.
Here are a few other things you need to know:
All Covid-19 safety procedures remain in place.
• All students (pre-primary to grade 5) will be wearing a mask unless they are eating/drinking, or outside.
• We will take every opportunity to maximize outdoor learning times.
• Frequent hand washing/sanitizing will happen throughout the day.
• Students will remain cohorted with their class for the remainder of this year.
• Chromebooks will need to come back to school tomorrow. These devices are used at school regularly and are needed for in person learning as well.
• Please be sure to return the cords with the chromebooks as they are also very expensive to replace.
• The chromebooks will not function over the summer months, so please do not plan on keeping them and returning them in September.
Thank you for all of your hard work in supporting us through online learning.