Responsibilities & Agendas/Minutes
The Oldfield Consolidated School Advisory Council will be responsible for:
- providing all SAC members with a voice in decision-making.
- working in collaboration with the principal and participating in efforts to improve student achievement and student and community well-being by receiving information on the school improvement plan and monitoring progress and improvements under the plan.
- assisting in developing policies that promote student achievement and safe and inclusive schools.
- developing strategies to improve and support the extracurricular programs and special projects of the school.
- maintaining effective communication with parents/guardians by holding regular public meetings and making copies of agendas and minutes available upon request.
- advising the principal and staff on any matters that are referred to the school advisory council by the principal, the regional centre or the Minister.
- in accordance with the terms of the school advisory council agreement, determining priorities for spending the funds allocated to support the mandate of the school advisory council.
- advising the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development or the Provincial Advisory Council on policy and other educational matters.
- preparing an annual report in the form and containing the information determined by the Minister.